LiveU is a leading video transmission and streaming provider over 4G networks. Their solutions include devices, proprietary video streaming protocols, video conversion hardware for studios and management of device fleets.
Combined with a robust cloud-based live video management and distribution software, LiveU enables broadcasters of all sizes to acquire and share live video reliably on any viewing platform — a TV, mobile, online and social media.
- Web (SPA)
- Embedded Linux
- Video Streaming
- Python (Django)
- We had to replace legacy Silverlight-based UI running on Windows with a Web-technology based UI running on Linux as a part of general device software replacement effort.
- Working on LiveU software redevelopment meant close cooperation with the customer’s product and design team on producing prototypes, supporting marketing demos at international exhibitions and syncing on designing interoperation of the UI and core services of the device.
- The client’s request was to create an all-in-one management dashboard for multiple streaming devices and we had to figure out how to a) put it all together; b) have live information on each device without sacrificing dashboard load speed.
- We have created from scratch a custom JS-based highly-optimized UI for embedded Chrome browser so that LiveU users can enjoy online streaming in its full;
- We have also developed a custom management interface for LiveU devices to replace existing legacy interface;
- We used Web Sockets technology to achieve instant status and data updates on a multi-device dashboard. Video streams are heavy to load, but LiveU users will never experience any delays.
We helped LiveU to completely update their software and take place on a market of new generation Linux-based video streaming devices. The modernization and the release of such a device management solution as a control dashboard helped the company to reach out to a much bigger pool of customers. Now, with over 3,000 customers in 100+ countries, LiveU’s technology is the solution of choice for global broadcasters, online media, news agencies and social media to cover news and high-profile events, such as the US Presidential Election, the FIFA World Cup™, Winter and Summer Olympic Games, Super Bowl, US Collegiate Championships and red-carpet events.